Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2, 2008 - Under Construction

I am in the middle of multiple construction projects. Last week it was the guest bathroom. A trip to IKEA netted a new vanity, sink, faucet, medicine cabinet and wall shelves. For good measure I purchased a new light. Because nothing is ever simple, I had to drywall part of the hole where the old medicine cabinet was and add a layer of paint to that wall. All things considered it turned out pretty well and cost me less than $350 US.

The next project is to repaint the dining room. One wall was bare wood so a coat of primer went on today. We'll probably go with a chair railing and a two tone wall above / below that.

One last thing I am playing at is reworking my home page (http://www.cuttingsedge.com/). I spent quite a bit of time on it this afternoon and failed to acheive what I had hoped to. In the process I upgraded to Microsoft Word 2007 and thought I would see what the publisher would allow me to do out of the box. From what I have seen it is impressive so far, but it didn't allow me to publish effectively.

I have been putting off creating a realistic home page and allowing my blog site to cover for me. Time to step it up a notch, as they say. Look for an upgrade within the week.

For those of you in the Orange County, California (US) area: On June 10 I will be speaking at the PMI-OC dinner meeting in Costa Mesa. The topic is Grabbing Authority. For more information or to register, visit http://www.pmi-oc.org/.

No comments: